Energy efficiency was the topic in Ottawa Nov. 21-23. As members came for strategic meetings with politicians and policy makers on the Hill and were then joined by other industry leaders for CEEA’s Business Forum.
Meetings took place at Environment Canada and Climate Change, Natural Resources Canada including the Office of Energy Efficiency, Department of National Defence, and Public Services and Procurement Canada.
Speakers included John Wilkinson Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Climate Change and Kim Rudd, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Natural Resources Canada. There was also an innovation site tour of CanmetENERGY.
Read more about what happened in our CEEA blog by Elizabeth McDonald.
Day on the Hill Photo Gallery
Our Business Forum included:
An insiders’ breakfast on how the federal government can help energy efficiency businesses grow with:
- Andrew Cardozo, President, Pearson Centre for Progressive Policy
- Susan Scotti, Executive Vice President, Business Council of Canada
- Susan Delacourt, Political Journalist/Author
- Sarah Goldfeder, Former U.S. Diplomat, Principal, Earnscliffe Strategy Group
A first-hand account of how doing business with the federal government has changed featuring:
- Saleem Sattar, Director of Environment, Infrastructure and Environment, Department of National Defence
- Taylor Graf, Energy Engineer, National Centre of Expertise Manager for Climate Action, GHG and Energy, Compliance and Conformance Directorate , Real Property Branch, Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Jim Wren, Green Municipal Fund Advisor, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- Patricia Fuller, Director General, Office of Energy Efficiency, Natural Resources Canada
- Genevieve Bourget,Trade Commissioner Service, Global Affairs Canada